Sunday, July 12, 2015

Explosives Overload: 4th of July and Fireworks in the Philippines






http://dreamatico.com/fireworks/1/
Hey readers!


Happy Belated Fourth of July! I hope all of you are filled with your share of barbeque and other delicious foods. Personally, the Fourth of July is my favorite time of year because of the abundance of parties. It may be exhausting for some, but I have fun jumping from house to house.

For me, this year’s Fourth of July was a bit more special. I hosted a college student from the Philippines, and brought him to the various activities that one would find in a classic American Independence Day. For three days we swam in pools, watched parades, sat around bonfires, and watched fireworks.
Interestingly, he wasn’t impressed by American fireworks. The ones in the Philippines are much larger, and of course, more dangerous. My parents tell me that many end up in the hospital to have fingers amputated. Living in Massachusetts, where firework regulations are strict, I couldn’t help but research the topic. So, here’s what I found:

One of the most popular firecrackers is called Goodbye Philippines. It’s much larger and more explosive than what is considered safe. Sensibly, the government has declared it illegal to use.




The largest firecracker is the Sinturon Ni Hudas, or, the Judas Belt. The Judas Belt consists of multiple explosives tied along a single fuse. The biggest versions can have up to ten thousand rounds! If you watch the following video, it sounds a lot a machine gun!




Another popular one is called the Superlolo:







According to GMAnews, Piccolo Petes are responsible for the most injuries since 2007. The firecracker is prone to exploding on hands. 






Finally, just an awesome video of almost every firecracker imaginable.     



   

     


1 comment:

  1. Valuable information in your blog and I really appreciate your work and keep it up dude I really very informative blog about the jeep.
    jeep

    ReplyDelete