Thursday, August 1, 2013

JR the Hacky Sack Boy.


JR Fadrigalan
It's a little late, and I know I'm not the best writer in my group, but I really wanted to write about something. My name is JR, and I like hacky sacks. Whenever I find some free time, I "sipa" or kick a hacky sack with my foot several times. My record is 229 kicks. I sort of developed a strong emotional connection towards my hacky sacks to a point where I've started naming them. I brought about four on the trip because I couldn't leave without them. However, I didn't realize I would soon be using them in our performances. The little skit was created in one day for our UPLB audience, featuring all types of small yet playful games of the Philippines. Prior to the skit, I would leave stage right before remove my dress shoes and put on my sneakers. Then I would run behind stage because I had to enter on the other side and do my skit. After a successful performance at UPLB, we incorporated the skit into our performance and haven't stopped since then! I always seem to surprise the crowd with my so-called hacky sacks skills, but it doesn't always work out. In some cases the hacky sacks falls off stage. I blame Gerry for that. It's a lot of work, hitting a sack in the air, and I'm always sweaty for the rest of the performance, but it's fun. So...yeah. I wrote something, and you know what, I'm proud of it.

By the way, if you read Sierra's article about flying to Bicol, I'm that boy who got his rock confiscated.
Lessons learned.

JR Fadrigalan

No comments:

Post a Comment